Thursday, February 16, 2006

One Tired Mother...

...is a really fun thing to say to one's 12-year-old son and then watch his eyes widen. He looked at me for a beat, and then he repeated,"One. Tired. Mother." Then plunged back into Runescape.

Trust me to begin a blog and probably the worst time to begin a blog. Times like this, I'm really glad I haven't told anyone about this yet -- I'm still not sure why, but it will be fun to see how people find their ways here. Or not. Anyway, I just finished a job -- not a tough one, but lots of hours for one who has the home life that I do, Wonder Husband notwithstanding -- and, today, started a new job.

And it is good.

I've freelanced for these folks for three years now, and they're bringing me on part-time and giving me not one title but TWO. The welcome today made me feel like I was attending the Oscars or something -- a $100 gift certificate to a local hooty-tooty beauty salon, then an enormous bouquet of flowers delivered .... It is good.

So no, no knitting today. I have been frogging in front of the Olympics (and, okay, American Idol) every night since my last post, though -- still a tangle that I don't understand, but I may finish frogging those seven (!) rows tonight, whereupon I will celebrate by purling a row. (It will probably be a purl row. I hope it's a knit row, but I don't know which end the working yarn will end up on.) Beyond that, I should probably wait until I have the time and the brains to make sure I'm clear on what I need to do for that slip-stitch rib, back-asswards. I'm sure it's simpler than I think.

Did I mention I'm tired?

One of my favorite things: Surviving a big fat work push, and then rewarding myself with big fat knitting. (And, of course, knitting in dribs and drabs throughout, just to get through.) Add to the reward knitting the following: learning how to add links, learning how to post photos, learning how to TAKE photos ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home