Wednesday, November 29, 2006

my first meme!

I like this one -- cribbed from Melanie. And no, she doesn't know me from Moses. I just like her blog.

How it works: bold the ones you’ve read, italicize the ones you might read, cross out the ones you won’t, and underline the ones on your book shelf.

Um. Except I can't figure out how to underline or cross out, so the ones I won't read, I'll make small, and the ones on my shelf I'll and ... all-cap (SHOUT!) the ones on my shelf. The ones I might read? More often than not, this means that I've never heard of them.

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger

The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee

The Time Traveler’s Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling
LIFE OF PI- Yann Martel

Animal Farm: A Fairy Story - George Orwell
Catch-22 - Joseph Heller
The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien
THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHTTIME- Mark Haddon
Lord of the Flies - William Golding
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
1984 - George Orwell (I don’t know!)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel García Márquez
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden

THE KITE RUNNER - Khaled Hosseini (full disclosure -- not ACTUALLY on my shelf, but it's a plan)
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut
Angels and Demons - Dan Brown

Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
Neuromancer - William Gibson
Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson
The Secret History - Donna Tartt

A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C. S. Lewis
Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides

Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
THE LORD OF THE RINGS - J. R. R. Tolkien
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Brontë
Good Omens - Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman
Atonement - Ian McEwan

The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
The Handmaid’s Tale - Margaret Atwood
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
Dune - Frank Herbert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home