Saturday, April 12, 2008

untitled

I'm astonished that it's been seven months since my last post. I don't know what I'm doing here. I want to write. I have thoughts. I have knitting FOs and near-FOs to post. But I'm not sure this wants to be a knit blog. It'll be whatever it'll be. And it may be another seven months before I post. Anything is possible!

In the last few months, I've become almost addicted to some political blogs, trying to find people who do their homework and who think through what's going on these days with heart, brain and finely honed bullshit detector (Obsidian Wings, The Edge of the American West, some others)(pretty much pro-Obama, but not shrill) (and why did I feel compelled to add that qualifier?). (There are also a couple that are rarely if at all politically oriented, but are just fine, fine reads.) I just added them in my sidebar. Their commenters often make magnificent contributions to any given discussion, and I feel as if I'm learning a lot. On the other hand, it also causes me some stress, because I really don't have time for such. There's work, there's kids, there's knitting, there's home, there's ... so much on my mind that I don't even know who I am right now. That's fine -- it just makes it so that I don't know what the hell I'm doing here, in blogging, or what I have to contribute. I just want to. So there.

So today, what I really should do is face my taxes -- having been self-employed, I really should have done the quarterly estimated tax thing, but I couldn't get myself together to do so and of course it's biting me on the wallet. Another thing I should face is my house, which is chaos. And I suppose I will do those things. But I also want to go and purchase some herbs and plant them -- cilantro, basil, lemon verbena (ahhhhhh!) -- and I want to yank out the wild blackberry from among the azaleas out back, though I might let that wait til after tonight's rain. Should should should. Nag nag nag.

In the words of that great philosopher, The Short One: "I can't find my shoes, and I can't find my candy. I'd much rather find my candy."

Here's to finding both.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, I'd go for the candy too! Blog when you want, read blogs when you want. "Don't let it own you" is my motto.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home