Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Bootie Call

Proudest knitting moment so far: (it's been so long since I posted that I don't even know if I'm being redundant or not) I made booties. Not only did I make booties, but I made my own pattern. I had a bootie emergency, and I couldn't find a pattern I liked in time to make said booties, so I wild-guessed it and loosely based my pattern on Bev Galeskas' felted clogs pattern, down to newborn scale (but who remembers how small newborns actually are?) with extra rounds on the uppers and then a ribbed cuff. Turquoise soles and cuff, chartreuse uppers.

I am now the kind of knitter who can figure out her own pattern. I'm so happy to be able to say that.

Note: This does not mean that I can actually replicate this pattern. I'll try, at some point, but I don't know when. Not just due to the time issue -- I made an honest effort to record what I was doing (CO 19, K19, K1, M1, Kwhatever...), but the number of stitches dictated by what I wrote down never matched what actually transpired on the needles. There was also some asymmetry going on. So. You know.

But I did take a picture of them with my DIGITAL camera, after learning how to delete things off of a full memory card ... progress. One day I'll post it. Postus vomitus in the offing.

Meanwhile, I've been reminded that I promised to return MY computer to that boy from whom I wrested it.

Gnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home