Thursday, March 30, 2006

Baby steps

This last weekend, I was in a hotel room by myself for a night. Woulda been two nights, except Darling Daughter showed up on the second night, collapsed into the other bed and asked, "Can you turn off your light?"

It was a volleyball tournament out of town, a bunch of 15-year-old girls in a hotel ... yes, drama did ensue. But I did get ONE night by myself in a room, and you know what I did? I did not work. I watched the last half of My Best Friend's Wedding , went to bed whenever I damn well pleased, woke up whenever I damn well pleased (6:13 a.m.) (hesh up!), went down to the lobby and got myself two cups of 24-hour-complimentary coffee (yum!) and sat my butt down and learned how to use my lovely, complex digi-cam my dad gave me a couple years ago.

Mind you, this means I learned how to take pictures with it ... sort of. This does not mean I have yet learned how to post them. But they do now reside in my laptop, which is in the clutches of my newly-13-y-o boy.

All of this is to say that before too long I will be able to post pix, and part of the point of this blog will have been conquered. Somewhat. Part of the nature of the beast is that I'll be learninglearninglearning, so perhaps the more accurate thing to say would be this: I'm on my way. Look for some color, soon. Because color is a really, really, really important part of what I'm about, here.

I have a feeling I may be inflicting some gardening on readers as well, so look out. All you folks out there in the vacuum. Seeing as I've told exactly one (or two, maybe? See how organized I am?) folks that I even have a blog.

TK: Herself ... Hippo Doggie, soon to undergo plastic surgery, but not without appropriate documentation ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home