Tuesday, May 16, 2006

FO



In this case, "FO" means Found Object. I can't say "Finished Object," because I don't really know what this is. A potholder? A trivet? A mini wall hanging? (I took it to an office I worked in for a stretch, but I had to hang it by one corner, tilted, for it to make sense. It still didn't.) But I found it. Actually, my husband did, under a towering pile of books and magazines and papers and god knows what else on an end table in our living room. (We really LIVE in our living room.) Ann? This is it, that mysterious project from a couple of posts ago with a buncha bobbins hanging off it, my first foray into intarsia. This is from last summer, when I had this intense hunger for color and a new skill and a puzzle, so I sort of laid out the basic shape on an excel sheet and then pillaged my stash for every Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride color I could find ... and then went to Lettuce Knit (Richmond) and supplemented.

Have I waxed about Lamb's Pride? Nothing felts like it, nothing is so gorgeous. My dream sweater may be an Aran mess (new skills!) out of That Red. I don't know what it's called, but it's the red around the border in this thing.

And finally, a WIPFTL (WIP for too long): Here She is.



More on Hippo Doggie later.

I went to the zoo today and was present within 15 minutes after the birth of a pair of Armenian mouflon twins. Wish them well, and happy googling. Speaking of twins, visit Melanoma Uberalis, linked at right, and then make goo-goo eyes at the fathers (and friends) of your children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home